Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mailbox Monday 2 for 1





Mailbox Monday is on tour for the month of September at Book N Around. Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.




Two for the price of one.  Well, not exactly. But this week both book and fabric came into my house. Both were paid for by me. But what the heck.I'm happy.

All this fabric with words on it, came from my recent purchase at the Etsy shop of Sew Me a Song. There are fat quarters with vintage postcards, newspaper articles,a copy of the Declaration of Independence, some vintage pattern envelopes, even a crossword puzzle fabric. I am in heaven. I have a very special project for this fabric. Can't say here just yet, but it is for a gift.  Also into my house came a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo.











 It is the selected read for the Fall Classic at Ladies and Literature at Goodreads. I have never read this LARGE novel. So hopefully I will be able to finish it in a timely manner. The Classics always run for 3 months. I am glad about that. This one has 1108 pages including explanatory notes.  Makes me a bit scared it there has to be explanatory notes. It was a USED copy at our local bookstore, so I only paid $6.99 for it. A bargain, after checking online sources.  Of course, if I had a Kindle or e-reader of some kind (hint, hint) I could have acquired it for much less than $6.99 + tax.  LOL.

I have my work cut out for me for the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck on both projects.

Til next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I haven't sewed anything in a long time but that fabric just about makes me swoon! And I too have never The Count of Monte Cristo. Wonder if I can get my book club to read it over our summer break (when we don't meet)? Hmmm. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete