Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday 1st Tuesday




The First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is sponsored by Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea

This is the first paragraph of The Yellow House by Paticia Falvey. It is the September read for Ladies and Literature group on Goodreads. I checked it out of the library and it is due back on the 13th, so I need to start it. Of course, I can renew it. But my TBR pile beckons, so I want to read it and do my review.

I remember the summers best, when the days rested in the long arms of the evening and the sounds around Slieve Gullion were as muted as benediction. Only the faint barking of distant dogs cut the stillness as farmers drove their cattle home. Smoke curled from cottage chimneys and children gulped down tea so they could return to play while time hovered between day and night like a gift from heaven.


So, what do you think. Would you continue to read or pass?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I would keep reading, in fact, this book is on my wish list and the reviews have been so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one and enjoyed it. Hope you do as well.

    ReplyDelete