Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros Sept. 11 2012


           First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a MEME by Diana at Bibliophile By the Sea.

Feel free to join in by posting the opening paragraph (sometimes maybe a few ) of a book you decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s). Grab the banner and play along.



Today I am sharing the first 2 paragraphs of an upcoming read. It is from The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman. 


He dressed deliberately for the occasion, his suit pressed and his shoes shined. While shaving, he turned each cheek carefully to the mirror to ensure he hadn't missed a single whisker. Earlier that afternoon, he had even bought a lemon-scented pomade to smooth his few remaining curls. 

He only had one grandson, one grandchild for that matter, and had been looking forward to this wedding for months now. And although he had met the bride only a few times, he liked her from the first. She was bright and charming, quick to laugh, and possessed a certain old-world elegance. He hadn't realize what a rare quality that was until he sat there now staring at her, his grandson clasping her hand. 

What do you think, would you read on or not? 


Other than planning on this read, today was so busy. Took my MIL to the doctor, tried to pick up the resulting prescription. But it wasn't ready, so I went on to my PPQG end of summer picnic. We stitched a small heart with spring buds intertwined. I know it is fall, but I am sure the project committee has a "plan". We also had a lunch bag exchange, I got one just like I made, only bigger and different fabric. It unfolds to make a placemat. Great idea, the pattern needs tweeking though. Then back to Walgreens, still no script!!! So I placed a call to the nurse, she sent it again, I signed checks at my old office, went to PO and back to Walgreens. This time it was ready. Finally I am back home  WHEW!!! What a day.  




1 comment:

  1. I would continue reading, because it didn't grab me yet, but i am curious. Thanks so much for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete