Saturday, August 4, 2012

Snapshot Saturday 8-4-12

 Saturday Snapshot

Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.



This is a Fainting Bench( I think that's what it is called) in the Governors Mansion near Blackbeard's Castle on St. Thomas  V.I.  The crocheted coverlet and pillow were exquisite.  I love the shuttered windows and the white against the green walls. Wish I had a reading space similar to this.....heaven!


7 comments:

  1. A fainting bench? That's fantastic! Though considering those corsets women used to wear, not to mention tons of layers in summer, I'm not surprised they'd need something like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a lovely reading spot! Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nan and pop had a more rustic version of this on their front verandah. When I was a kid I loved curling up on to read comics! This one doesn't look quite so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could definitely see curling up on there with a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the first comment. If I dressed like they did I would probably faint, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having the vapors just thinking about living during such a restricting time for women ... I'd never have made it ... sweet couch, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few more crocheted pillows and it would certainly be just the place to curl up with a book, or faint from the heat.

    ReplyDelete