Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Snapshot 8-11



Saturday Snapshot

Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

Begonia stem that fell off a plant from a friend.

I wanted to take this picture before the flower faded. Begonia flowers fade really quickly. The plant was a condolence gift from a dear friend after the death of my mother the end of July.


I think I need a new camera.  The close up and flash faded out the pale pink bloom. I am not much of a camera buff, and lately haven't taken a lot of pictures. Fall is coming though and it is my favorite time of year. Maybe I'll get some good pictures of the colors in the Black Hills. 

9 comments:

  1. I bet it was even prettier on the plant. I like begonias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty flower - I can see why you would want to preserve the memory of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have special plants in memory of family and friends. They do help to ease the ache - when they flower or need pruning it gives us time to think of them again and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like begonias, too. Wish I had a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences on the loss of your mother.
    I love the bright green of the leaves. The flash did not affect the green at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I think the flower is still pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please accept my most sincere sympathy on the loss of your mom. Cameras are funny, I think I need a new one too, my flowers don't come out right either. Still a good shot though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Begonias are so pretty. So sorry about your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your mother. I've been away from a week, so I'm catching up. My Saturday Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/a62PX

    ReplyDelete