Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Tuesday in July/ July 4th Rolled into One

I have been away from my computer for a while.  We spent most of last week cleaning out my mother-in-law's house and moved her to an assisted living facility nearer to us. She was in a very bad situation and we needed to act quickly. It was a monumental task. She is settled now in her apartment. We are dealing with the next large project of changing all addresses and automatic payments and deposits. Phone calls, some easy, some very difficult.
When I got back home and logged on to Goodreads, there was a message that I had won a giveaway of

BETRAYAL  by Michele Kallio. It was such a nice surprise after a stressful week. I am really looking forward to reading this new novel. She asked me to do a review and I will give it my best shot. I have never done a review before, but am anxious to learn how.

 Now is the holiday week, 4th of July here in the US and tomorrow we will take in the local parade.  They have cancelled the regular fireworks display in our city. We have 15 fires burning in Wyoming as of tonight. Very Serious.
Next week our son visits for part of a week, from Arizona and the next weekend I will attend our State Quilt Guild annual gathering in Sheridan Wyoming.  I plan to have lots of pictures to share.



I am still reading A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. It is very good.  I also checked out the audio edition of Wuthering Heights. I have not read it in the past. I am looking forward to listening to it.
I will let you know what I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment