Saturday, June 16, 2012

Snapshot Saturday - Can You Taste The Watermelon?




Saturday Snapshot

Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.



I've been busy. Summer is rushing by so fast. Sometimes it seems I have all the time in the world, and the next minute I feel overwhelmed and rushed. I have been sewing. I finished a small seasonal wall hanging. The Snapshot Saturday. I have also been working on completing the graduation quilt for my oldest step-granddaughter. She picked the colors--Blue and Brown. Since she moved away from home to teach in Missouri, I picked fabric that reminded me and I hope will remind her of her Colorado home.

In between this, we have put in a small garden, rebuilt our front deck. I have been trying to keep up with my reading challenges. I listened to To Kill a Mockingbird  by Harper Lee, and am wading through Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

We put my Mom under Hospice Care two weeks ago. She is 2 hours away, so that is a challenge too. Sure glad I am not "working" this summer.

12 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilting!

    Best wishes to your Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt, I wish I knew how to sew, unfortunately, it's beyond me... Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful, and I love the colours. Do you use a machine, or is it hand stitched? My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/vTUc8

    ReplyDelete
  4. But summer has just begun! So sorry your mom is in hospice care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty! I love quilts and am always amazed at how you can sew a picture out of fabric and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely quilt! It definitely makes me think of summer. I hope things go well for your mom!

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on, especially with your mom in hospice. Very pretty blanket though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed... a very happy summer themed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are being kept very busy this summer. The quilt is lovely. I tried quilting years ago and ended up with a pillow! I never did finish the quilt.

    ReplyDelete