Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA


I am a newbie Blogger. So here goes. 
  1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? My name is Judy
  2. How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging regularly since October 2011.
  3.  Why did you get into blogging? I first started about 5 years ago when I was going through some really hard times and I thought a blog would just be a personal diary. I did not continue as it became too painful. So when I retired from my job, I started again. I intended it to be just a place where I recorded my new life as a retired lady.As I explored, I happened on Quilting Blogs and then by chance Book Blogs.
  4. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? Right now I am reading "How to Eat a Cupcake" by Meg Donohue. It is for a challenge on Goodreads. My favorite book so far this year was "The Secret Garden"
  5. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. I'm not sure that there is something you all don't know about me, I'm pretty much an open book.  But I also quilt and do needlework. I live in a small city in Wyoming, and I do not have an e-reader or often listen to audiobooks.  
  6. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? YES How? I have read  and want to read, many different genres since beginning to read others book blogs. I never would have re-read, White Oleander by Janet Fitch, or The Secret Garden by Frances Hodges Burnett. I probably would have just continued reading the romance chick-lit that I had been reading





















You will notice as time goes on, that I am exposing myself more and more. I have a few followers( other quilters) and have participated in more memes.  I am learning new words,  BEA, MEME, HTML, all kinds of fun new stuff.  I will continue with my quilting blogging too. So my blog still is mainly a diary of sorts about my life as a retired lady. 



5 comments:

  1. I really want to read How to Eat a Cupcake. I've heard good things! And I love The Secret Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think quilting is a very cool thing. I recently started on my very first, very simple quilt. It's been an exercise in patience and seam ripping, but I think it will turn out well in the end. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to Eat A Cupcake... That's such a cute title.

    I think it's really neat that you know how to quilt. That's something I'd love to learn how to do one day. I definitely agree with your blog title. I can't stand sitting around with nothing to do, even when watching TV. I have to have something in my hands, either petting a dog or knitting.

    If you have the time, I’d love to hear from you at my armchair BEA post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you. My BFF is an avid quilter and I'm going to try my hand at making on this fall (after my wedding since I have no time right now). :)

    ReplyDelete