Sunday, April 8, 2012

March is Over, April is Next

March is over, and it went out like a lamb.  So very warm for Wyoming in March. Hope that doesn't mean April will be cold and snowy. Trees have leafed out, my rhubarb is up and unfurled. The garden looks like it needs to be readied for seed, but I know it is way to early. Maybe I will plant seeds in pots this year to get a head start. Last Sunday after breakfast with friends, I went to Sunday Sew.  We did some planning for our annual Ranch A Retreat. It is planned for Mothers Day weekend and I can hardly wait.

I finished all 12 comfort blocks for my guild. Gathered supplies to finish the borders on DGD KFK's quilt and should be able to start piecing leftover fabric for the backing. It takes 5 yards and I have a ton of $$ in it already. Besides, I need to use up fabric if I can. I bought 3 yards of fabric, thinking I could use up the extra fabric I had. Well, much piecing  and measuring and measuring later, it is finished a ready to go to the quilter.

Tuesday, I had "Stitchin Club". We had a good turnout again, I was going to take pictures, but forgot my camera. I must get in the habit of making sure I have it along. I had finished my dishtowel. There were several members that had and lots of variations. It was fun to see the differences, just green thread, or multicolored, 2 strands or 3. Everyone had a different interpretation.

Last week I was in the pool, 4 out of the 5 days.  Wednesday, I didn't wake before the alarm at 4:50am and I was sleeping so well ( which is very unusual for me) that I turned off the alarm and stayed in bed. It is still really dark at 5AM and hard to get up. When we did get up, we had breakfast and then, Mr. Busy( DH) helped me clean. He said he would help me, if we set up a specific day.

Thursday we shopped for groceries, books, and got our taxes done. Yesterday we went to the library, the office supply store and the big box home improvement store. Mr. Busy is trying to get his build room organized and decided to build a rack for balsa wood. He is still working on it today (Sat) but is whistling, so I know he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment