Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reading challenge

Whats in a Name:
Sky Feature:   Night Road by Kristin Hannah.  I read this too, for a book club that I just joined. In fact I haven't been to a gathering yet. This book touched my heart and soul. I raised teenagers and always worried them. I don't think I was an overbearing mother, and I wonder if this happened to me, could I forgive.  I'm not sure. I would have said yes in the past, but recently I have been struggling to forgive.

Something found on a calendar:  Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I have been wanting to read this book for several years and just never did. It is a small book and a quick read. It was the perfect fit for this challenge.  I enjoyed it very much. My mother has been in a care facility for the last 10 years and we don't talk about her dying, though of course she is. She suffers from dimentia, so that makes it had to discuss most things with her. I long for talks with her like we used to have, and envy the time Mitch was able to spend with Morrie.  I especially liked all Morrie's aphorism's. My favorite is "Death ends a life, not a relationship"

No comments:

Post a Comment